Flightline in a sand storm
Hello All,
Well, it is often Ground Hog Day here in the desert. I work a lot of hours but it is a lot less hectic than it was in Afghanistan. It has been good as far as deployments go. That goes for many reasons. One is because it is a lot less hectic, as I mentioned earlier. Another is that I work in the air conditioning. I spent more time on the aircraft on the previous two journeys and didn’t have that luxury. The last reason, I suppose, is my living conditions. I live in a trailer that was originally supposed to have two people total in it. The army has now decided it is a good idea to put four people in mine and many others. There are two living areas, one on each end, and a common area in the middle which has a toilet, a shower, two sinks, a microwave, and some shelves. Although four people are too many, it is nice to take a shower are use the toilet without getting dressed and literally going to another building to do it. Almost all of the others in my company are not as fortunate as I. In addition, my roommate (on my half) was sent down to another base. Although I got along with him fine, I have been living in hog heaven as I now live alone. I didn’t expect it to last though so I have not expanded over into what was his area. Good thing, they are making us re-sign for our keys at the end of the month. This will let them know that my previous roommate is no longer here and it will bring this to an end. Nice while it lasted.
Skype has been a real treat here (I guess that is reason number four). The kids really respond well to the visual part of it, especially Chan. We do goofy things like show each other our feet, or they show me what is on the TV. I don’t mention that the TV looks completely white washed though. It also works well because when I am not at work, I am usually in my trailer and Carsen can call me whenever she wants. Although I will say that it has been less lately.
Well, enough for now, Toby
1 comment:
Tobe,
Good to hear they are being easy on you over there, you deserve it. You missed out on the Family Camping,,, Chan's big wipeout in the first hour there. But it was still fun and boy those kids like mosquitoes... Keep dropping us lines about the deployment and we'll have to g riding when you get back....
Post a Comment