Well, if Jesus could see how we have screwed thing up here on earth........okay, I guess he can. Sometimes I think how sad God must be at how poorly we treat one another, how greedy and corrupt we all are. I say we only in the sense of mankind, (of course I am perfect, going to get carried on up to heaven any minute now). I am going to have to give up watching the news, I can't take anymore politicians lying to the American public (face it, none of them really have any clue what life is like for normal people), I can't take anymore broadcasts about how children are abused or neglected or killed by the adults who are supposed to cherish them.
For my first New Years Resolution (I do them throughout the year, as I break them just as quickly), I resolve to be more grateful, to look for something positive in the news or world each day. I resolve to do more to help those around me and not worry about the rest of the world.
What would Jesus do? Would he be so hateful and mean to those in our society who are different? Would he steal/lie/embezzle etc, or would he give all he had to those in need (and would he question their need?)
I feel disillusioned by the world, by people claiming to be good people or religious people or doing the work of the people. I resolve not to be one of them. Let each of us be judged by our works and actions.
Getting off my soapbox now.....Christmas pics coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment