Last weekend was my weekend with the girls (never mind that I have another one in two weeks with the MAKS). Not with my girls, with my FRIENDS! Yes, I still have a few. We try to go every year to this weekend sponsored by the National Wild Turkey Federation, called Women in the Outdoors. You camp (of some sort, once we stayed in Condos), take classes like fishing, canoeing, dutch oven cooking, guns etc. They feed you and at the end you have a big raffle and yummy dinner.
So, on Thursday Craig took Sharolyn and their trailer to Spanish Fork canyon to get it ready for us, yes he is a great husband, except for all that time he travels away from his family. So, Annette and I drove down on Friday and got ready for Hawaiian night.
Then it was up early on Saturday for our classes. I FINALLY got around to shooting a gun for the first time (unless water guns count) in 38 years. Turns out I am pretty good at it, I brought my targets home to show Toby-or should I say SCARE Toby. I have always teased him since we have all his guns he has to split them in the imaginary divorce, now he says he is afraid because I actually know which end the bullets come out of. As long as he is within 50 yards and not moving, I may have a shot-LOL. JOKING!!!!
So, I learned about native fossils and plants and where to find them, also some new gardening tips and also great reunion ideas to try out in August. Plus, I really needed to laugh, Sharolyn and Annette made sure I did. What a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment