The baby finally came today. I was such a good SIL and dragged Joni all over the earth shopping yesterday, even made her push the cart at Costco. She said she wanted to go into labor-and she did. This afternoon my littlest niece came into the world-Shayla Ann Grover-finally came out and met us. Big crowd of Aunties and cousins at the hospital to see her.
Baby Shay (that's what I'm calling her) has brought a new dimension to our life. Chan got interested in babies for a while, and then gave up because they take too long. But Carsen, the wheels in Carsen's head started working.........and she had a lot of questions. How did the baby get in there, how does it get out, those sort of things. Didn't bother me much, as you all know I will tell anybody anything I think they need to know. But today I had to explain why we needed to give Aunt Joni and Shay some privacy while she nursed. Oh MAN!! I guess Carsen had no idea of any of this and she thinks it is GROSS. She said "Babies suck on boobs?", I thought I was going to pee my pants I laughed so hard. Then she remembered she used to be a baby, it went really bad then. She shared this news with Chandler, who thought it was no big deal-she probably can remember, she remembers everything-I mean everything. Anyway, by the time we get to the fifth grade program Carsen can teach the class, she likes to ask questions and I figure it's my job to answer them. Toby says he is glad all these questions are going to me.
Welcome to baby Shay, I will post pics tomorrow.
1 comment:
Congratulations Auntie!
Post a Comment