Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I quit!!

Last week I quit one of my jobs-due to no satisfaction. If we are riding that train of thought, then I quit being a wife, mother, animal care-taker, and my other job. In fact lately, I just want to quit. Period. Now it's just a train of thought, I'm not going to jump off a bridge or anything........but, you know........I just want to quit. Someone recommended to us "Army Wives" that we allow ourselves one pity-party a week. Last week I had two. I could have had seven.
Some people write their deep thoughts on their blogs, mine aren't deep. I'm just damn tired. Of everything. If you ask what's wrong, I don't have an answer, except maybe, everything. Can we have a do-over?
Mostly, the only thing that keeps me going is I have to keep these two children alive until their father comes back. I have to get this or that done for this or that client. I have to work at the school. So, I put one foot in front of the other, and another day passes.
I know, I am blessed. Lord, I know I am blessed, I am just a complainer. Tomorrow (or one tomorrow soon) I will be back to my cheerful self, I will start a new project of some sort, and life will be back to normal. But for today, I quit!

1 comment:

Jonnie Angel said...

Me too. I came oh so close to quitting a couple of weeks ago.

Then I remember that there are other wives out there that depend on us. If it weren't for us (you included), think about how much information they wouldn't be getting.

For what it's worth (and I will deny this if you repeat it to anybody). I appreciate everything that you've done and I am so glad you didn't quit.

Call me sometime. We should get together one weekend and be miserable together.